TRACE is a global broadcast and digital media company specialized in afro urban music and entertainment. Through its 22 pay TV channels, radios, online and mobile services, TRACE connects with a 200 million multicultural audience in more than 160 countries. Launched in 2003 following the acquisition of the eponym print magazine, TRACE has become the leading media brand for lovers of afro urban culture in the world and especially in Sub Saharan Africa, Europe, the Caribbean and the Indian Ocean.
TRACE is looking for an experienced and creative native English-speaking video producer to join its Paris-based TRACE STUDIO and contribute to the development and production of new programs to be launched in the Fall. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and create engaging content on a wide variety of culture & lifestyle topics.
Responsibilities and duties:
– Production of short and long form video content for broadcast and digital from concept to delivery
– Research, ideas generation and pitch, selection of guests for interviews
– In-the-field and in studio filming and reporting in France and occasionally abroad (Africa mostly)
– Regular contacts and collaboration with TRACE teams in Nigeria, South Africa, UK, US
– Translation from French to English and voicing of packages in English
– Writing for short and long form
– Editing (image and sound) of video packages
Skills and qualifications:
English as a first language, fluent in French
– 3-5 years experience as a video producer for broadcast or digital
– Solid technical skills in filming, sound, lighting and editing
– Excellent interviewing & writing skills
– Affinity with a millennial target audience
– Knowledge of and interest in African and global black pop culture
– Creative approach to storytelling
– Able to work both independently and as part of a team
– Able to travel internationally
– Comfortable with working flexible hours
Type of contract: CDD or freelance depending on candidate’s preference and profile.
Salary: Competitive, based on experience.
Please send resume and video reel to Narjes Bahhar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com