Founded in 2003, TRACE is a brand and multimedia group dedicated to urban entertainment. Already present in 160 countries, TRACE publishes thematic TV channels, radios, mobile services, digital platforms and produces events and programs for the new urban, multicultural, and multi-ethnic generations.
Trace, until recently a traditional media group dedicated to afro-urban music, is transforming into a global digital platform dedicated to Afro-Urban culture and youth success.
Trace has defined a new mission: “to entertain and empower our people to stand up and shine”.
DESCRIPTION OF THE OFFER :
The Programming Manager is in charge of the overall direction and coordination of programme scheduling, planning, strategy and on air of TRACE Sport Stars on the 3 differents feeds. . This position will oversee content inventory management and will be tasked with generating ratings through strategic analysis and forward-thinking programming strategies.
As a Languaging Manager, he/she will ensure that all content related to broadcast is properly localized for each chosen countries where the channel is present. He/She will be able to launch bid requests and negociate contracts with chosen outsourced supplier.
* Spearheads the strategic vision and creates program schedules for TRACE Sport Stars including screening, selecting and scheduling programs for inclusion in 24-hour broadcast schedules.
* Directs and coordinates the overall on-air product that includes documentaries, magazines and entertainment programming along with promos, graphics and on air elements
* Participates in program acquisition by recommending suitable programs for purchase.
* Prepares and updates weekly/monthly program schedule by establishing program availability and determining the best time to air.
* Prepares and maintains various departmental reports for submittal to On Air Director such as program evaluations, preparation of audience research information, promos rotation.
* Collaborates with Research/On Air director to optimize ratings.
* Supervises broadcast traffic and logging activities as it relates to program scheduling.
* Supervises presentation scheduling for all feeds
* Develops alternatives to planned schedule; operates last minute changes and replaces material.
* Work with On-Air Production and Operations to ensure seamless execution of schedules.
* Disseminate Program Planning information to partner departments, including On-Air Production & Operations, Original Programming & Development, Marketing, Digital, etc.
* Ensures compliance with local, state and regulatory agencies in broadcasting; i.e., Ofcom rules governing broadcasting.
* Elaborates mediaplanning for promos and take care of presentation scheduling
* Coordinates with supplier for localization in 3 dubbed and 6 subtitled languages
* Ensures and supervises QC of localisation.
* Oversee a Program and Promo Scheduling team of two plus one QC coordinator.
**Your assets to make a difference**
* Comprehensive knowledge of sport entertainment and documentaries and a thorough understanding of the international competitive TV landscape.
* Knowledge of broadcasting rules and regulations (Ofcom).
* Knowledge of broadcast scheduling techniques and mediaplanning
* Demonstrated success managing a team.
* Must be analytical, creative and strategic.
* Skill in both verbal and written communication.
* Skill in use of Louise programming software appreciated
* Bilingual French/English
> The must ! Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Communications or related field AND 5-8 years experience in scheduling of radio and/or television programs;
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com