Paris, 5 October 2020
Trace, the international media group dedicated to Afro-urban cultures and the success of young people, entrusts Molotov Solutions with the development and operation of the new version of its OTT “TracePlay” platform.
TracePlay offers over 25 live channels, 100 radio channels and some 1,000 hours of on-demand content. The platform will be distributed in 180 countries, notably in Africa, Europe and North and South America. From its launch, scheduled for spring 2021, it will be available in French, English and Portuguese.
Trace will benefit from a complete application suite provided by Molotov Solutions and based on the technology of the Molotov TV consumer platform, which has already attracted more than 12 million users in France thanks to its strengths:
- A video platform in the cloud with Live, Replay and “On Demand”;
- A complete Back Office offering control of interfaces, editorialization of content, management of users and offers, as well as data analysis;
- A flexible and robust API to interconnect with third-party applications (CRM, analytics, payments) and with telecom operators with the promotion of content on boxes and mobile platforms, SSO connection and operator billing;
- Mobile and tablet applications (iOS and Android), responsive web directly in browsers and on large screens with Chromecast, Android TV and Apple TV;
- A proprietary video player compatible with ABR (adaptive bitrate streaming), multilingual and integrating direct control: pause, Start Over (return to the beginning of the current program in 1 click), fast forward and rewind, zapping.
- Flagship features such as multi-language, delinearization of stream programs, radio and podcasts, personality tracking, “Watch List”, In-App-Purchase, parental control, and many more.
” Digital and delinearized consumption of TV and radio channels and programs continues to grow, especially among young and urban audiences who particularly appreciate Trace. We chose Molotov Solutions for the quality of its technical platform and for the expertise of its Together, we are going to build the most beautiful audiovisual experience of Afro-urban entertainment “, Olivier Laouchez, CEO of Trace.
” We are very happy to support Trace in its strategic acceleration on the OTT. This is a global, very complete project, which demonstrates the scope of Molotov Solutions’ services and the capacities of its teams in France and internationally “ , François Le Pichon, DGA Molotov Solutions.
Created in France in 2003 by Olivier Laouchez and French and American partners, Trace is an international media group exclusively dedicated to Afro-urban music and cultures and to the success of young people. Trace publishes television channels and radio stations, produces programs and develops mobile and digital services popular with 350 million users in 180 countries, particularly in Africa, Europe, Brazil, the Caribbean and the Indian Ocean. Trace will soon launch Trace Academia, the world’s first free edutainment online platform dedicated to vocational training and the success of young people.
Web TracePlay: traceplay.tv
Press Contact: email@example.com
Founded by JeanDavid Blanc (creator of AlloCiné) and Pierre Lescure (founder of Canal +), Molotov is an OTT distribution platform that is revolutionizing access to television, available on all screens and connected devices (TechCrunch). Molotov offers an unprecedented experience combining in a single interface linear and non-linear programs from more than 180 publishers and television channels. Selected in the French Tech 120 government index, in the LinkedIn 2020 Top Start-ups, and awarded four times “ Best application of the year ” by users of the App Store (Apple), Google Play ( Android) and AppAnnie, Molotov has after only 3 years of existence nearly 12 million registered users, becoming the French leader in the distribution of streaming programs.
Molotov Web: molotov.tv / Molotov on Twitter: @MolotovTV
Press Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org